Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dear Blog,

           How have things been lately? Sadly, it's been a while since I've written. I've been in the depressing comatose state that comes with too much school. Maybe I was spoiled by my homeschool days and the fact that my mother actually cared to research the facts before she taught them to me. Then, there was the fact that she is actually passionate about her subjects and instilled that in her students. Your typical teacher doesn't care, doesn't want to care, and just wants to get a paycheck. Anyway, I had to tell you all that to tell you that I've had a rather hard time with school lately. It's not that it's too hard --all modesty aside, I like to think I'm a fairly smart woman-- it's that....to put it simply and avoid wasting any more page space... our learning system is one big, sad, epic failure. I'm sure, my dearest blog, that if you have ever gone to school, you would understand exactly what I am saying. Now that is all over, at least for the time being, and I haven't felt this free since....well since I started college.
5079384080_921b7cf952.jpg
eVVehttia

Aroma of the Earth
           Now, on to more pleasanter things. I promised a more naturalistic living blog that I've given my few but very, very dear readers. I have exciting news for you, and very exciting news for myself. It is something I've been planning for a while, but haven't wanted to get started until school was over......ahem....(drum roll please) I am starting a small business and I will be manufacturing beauty products --all of which will be completely natural with no horrible chemicals. Essentia still has a few hurdles to jump and I have so many ideas sometimes I just have to take a deep breath and remind myself that I can't get bogged down by starting too big. A top secret preview of products that you and I will hopefully see:

Solstice -- An all natural sunscreen that can last for days after application --although sunscreen isn't the right word for this product. Your skin cells absorb Solstice, allowing your body to defend against the harmful properties of the sun, while enjoying the benefits. Why hide from the sun when you can enjoy it?

Scarborough Fair -- What if you could contain medieval tales of beauty, love, and folklore into a bottle and call it an aroma? Well then, you'd have Scarborough Fair.

         Hopefully that caught your interest ;) Not sure how long it will take to get completely off the ground... there is still a lot of technical stuff to do...I'm fervently hoping that within a month I will at least have a product or two available. Expect a new blog very soon and I promise the my next missive will not be so long in coming.

                    Much love to my lovelies,
                    Your devoted writer.  

1 comment:

Kennesa said...

Dearest, Dearest Leslie,

I love the idea of producing beauty products! I will be buying them when you get them out! I burn really, really, really bad when I am working out in the sun, and I am scared to use the sunscreens with all the crap in them, so I REALLY like the all natural sunscreen!
Love ya and talk to ya later!

Kennesa