Friday, January 7, 2011

My First


Sooo…  Blogging. It isn’t something I’ve done before, even though I’ve seriously considered it on several occasions. I could never bring myself to do it because #1: It takes up time, and I have very little of that lying around to use and #2: I’m not sure if anyone will actually read what I so diligently would work to tell them. Yet here I am and, hopefully, here I will stay.
What does one talk about in blogs anyway? I suppose it is just like any  sort of writing… the ramblings of a writer trying to piece together those dusty corners of his/her (in my case, her) mind with the sharp edges of reality. If you try to force those pieces together…they’ll break, so you have to tread carefully. When I write it is like putting on a temporary coat against the wuthering heights in my being, yet (in the words of Anna Nalick, I believe) it is also like standing naked in front of a crowd –although, unlike her song, these words are not my diary they areme. Writing is full of contradictions. I’m full of contradictions. We go together like dirt and weeds.
Sooo… here we go. Welcome to me. And I hope you find me, at the very least, entertaining.

1 comment:

Kennesa said...

Leslie, you are just too funny. I am going to keep a close watch on your blog, and yes I find you Very entertaining! I love it!
Kennesa