Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Science of Faith and Hope.


And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.


I’m a dreamer and I like nothing more than to dream –to hope—about what the future holds. But a few weeks ago, a lot of small events kept compiling one, after the other, and I began to think that perhaps it wasn’t such a good idea to have such faith in the future. I had no thoughts of being depressed and losing hope of happiness, yet I just wondered if maybe it was time to grow up. Time to leave behind childish dreams. It was about this time when I came across this wonderful story –rather on accident—that changed the way I perceived hope and faith. So, instead of me trying to spend time explaining the phenomena, I’ll just send you a link and you can see exactly what I saw. I suggest watching it before reading any farther:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrysti/galleries/72157622418669655/

You affect reality it says. Wow. This is the way how I see it works…and similar how it was first explained to me: If my research is correct, the human body has a near incalculable number of electrons in the brain alone. The electrons are what stores our data…rather like our floppy disk or CD. By thinking, we fire up ever-so-many of those electrons (I’m far from being science smart, so I can’t tell you how many and the exact process) and, like setting up a bunch of dominos and the pushing the first one, the electron interacts with another and that one with another and so on. Somewhere, it reaches the end of the chain reaction, and somewhere, it affects something. Rather like telekinesis/telepathies/telaesthesia all in one. Pretty exciting, huh!?  The problem is, the human brain doesn’t have the capacity, mind-power, force, --however you wish to say it—to set up the correct pattern of dominos, therefore we lack the ability to use it properly. Note that I say properly, because I believe that we do use it. To me, this is so big that it is very exciting. I know I’m not the first to put all this together, but it’s like a have the very faint gleam of understanding and it’s awesome. 

You’re might be asking, what does this have to do with faith and hope? My answer is: EVERYTHING!! Not only are faith and hope thoughts, but they are some of the most passionate feelings a human being can posses. So, put all that together and what do you get? A lot of cool thoughts is what. I’m not saying that if I sit here and think and hope and have faith that I want all the weeds in my garden gone that they are just going to disappear. I don’t think it works like that. But, if we have faith and hope in something, somewhere along the line the chain of events in the electrons is going to hit that very last domino and the end result will be something beautiful. It may not be something that you personally credit from, but someone or something somewhere will. I could go on for a while, but I actually have literally hours  of college homework to do before I can sleep tonight and I think by this time you probably get the idea. There are so many things (pardon me for using the extremely eclectic term) that this effects, I could indeed continue for quite some time. Instead of droning on and on though, I’ll just leave you with one thought:

Learn from the past, live for the present, and hope for the future. Oh, and go back to the beginning and read the Bible quote again. Does it have any more meaning to you now?

3 comments:

Kennesa said...

Leslie! Wow! I can't believe you posted this!!! Oh My Gosh!
You need to find the DVD called The Secret. It is all about what you posted.
It is amazing! What if everyone knew this?

Kennesa said...

My mom was all into the quantum Physics DVDs, and this video was on one and I watched it.
Isn't this so amazing!
What if everyone was positive all the time?
What if everyone imagined their dreams coming true?

Kennesa said...

Oh, and the Secret must be used with Biblical pricipals and truths, because it is new age and godless by itself.

Also, read Hebrews 11:1.
Faith is the substance...,

David Van Koevering is a christain quantum physicist.
Look up water crystals on youtube. You're looking for the experiment done by a Asian scientist showing how powerful words actually are.